Sunday, October 19, 2014

Google drive/java

Working on using the google drive api, unfortunately Perl is not supported, so I'm going with Java.

Working with Java again, after having been away from it a while makes me realize what I don't like about it.  It isn't so much the language, but the culture of Java projects is that the focus is on the code, rather than on building something useful.  There is little optimization for the common cases, and great concern for the corner cases, that it makes programming in it very tedious.

Anyways,

The oauth, is understandable, but an added complication.

One thing that threw me for a while is the different permissions.  In the provided example it defaults to only programs created by the app, which I missed, and caused me to wonder why I couldn't get a directory listing.

I will have more work to do later, but I got all of the files added for now.  I'll see how useful the spreadsheets are before deciding how much more work to put into it.

No comments: