Thursday, August 08, 2013

Fall upgrades


There were a bunch of bad sectors on the old db server. I think I have those cleaned up now and am repurposing it to be the faculty (intradepartment) webserver. Created a custom boot image and am loading it, it only has a cd drive and all of the standard ones are dvd now. After I get it set up I'll migrate the faculty wiki to it. I'm not sure if I want to use it as the database server still or migrate that to www

I've installed a new os for www, but need to go through, move the student wiki, setup the users, certificates, and everything else to get it back to normal.

I haven't started on monarch yet, I want to get the old machines going first.

Started configuring the new lab and project room machines. They are having networking problems though.

the db/faculty machine seems stuck

Working on backups

working on student's networking... it does not want to recognize the card and set the route on boot up...

I'm looking to convert the faculty wiki to regular webpages, the wiki was overkill, I backed up the data in case though

No comments: