so trying to migrate the student wiki on www remotely, and rebooted the machine so it could come up in the new operating system, and nothing...
the new server doesn't seem to like openSuse either. it hangs on loading the initialization ram disk, I'll try centos on it next.
student is now a regular machine without xen
files is almost ready to upgrade, I moved files off of md1 so I could repurpose sdb1 for another operating system
server needs upgrading
I'm considering what to do with database, I was going to use it for the faculty wiki, but if I migrate the student wiki to sqlite also, then I can run them both on www without any significant overhead, perhaps I'll continue to use it as a database server, or maybe just a backup for server.cs and unix.cs both of which are old themselves.
unix.cs is fragile and hard to upgrade do to a bad cd rom drive, maybe I'll rename it license, use it for mathematica and ntp and use the database machine as a generic gateway machine
I bet www did not shutdown all of the way, there was a bios issue with some of the dells...
for most of the server machines I'm not running any gui
for server I need to back it up and then migrate. The disk is small though, maybe using database for that would be the best thing, and then I can reuse that machine for whatever later.
I talked with Jim today and we got the network going.
Need to finish imaging the new machines and get them distributed. Then get monarch going
Friday, August 09, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment