I'm going to try using virtual machines for most of the boxes, so I'm setting a prototype first.
TODO:
request bios passwords
set intel vt for direct io on
enable remote wake up
1. Set the network device to bridged so I can statically assign ip
2. Upgrade packages
2a. I'm not confident the upgrade was fully effective, so I'm going to start over on the virtual image
3. Setting up the authentication via libpam/libnss
Setting up the file server
This will be a physical only machine
Need to migrate a disk over for additional space
Will set up another machine is capable as taking over, in the mean time though it will run a virtual machine(s) to support other things.
1. updating
2. changing to text boot
3. adding ssh
4. adding btrfs
5. changing /home to btrfs
update:
The file server is setup and operational
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment