Worked on kerberos for server and unix.
It took forever to backup the home directories, the problem was that it was large and I started by doing a copy over nfs. That ended up being too slow, so eventually I switched to netcat and bunzip2 (although, it was a bad idea to use bunzip2 for netcat for the robot lab image because the rescue system only has gunzip available). Use netcat was about 3-4 times faster. It still took all night.
This morning I pruned the old directories of users who can not log in and I reset the UIDs to correspond to the new ones given by kerberos. That went ok. Then I put kerberos on unix, that was a pain in the but. The main problem was there was a clock drift, and I could not figure out why it was giving me problems for the life of me. It is better now, but it was a real pain to figure that out.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment