here is what I've actually ended up using
nc -l -p 3333 | gunzip | dd of=/dev/sda bs=4k
cat img | nc -q 1 addr 3333
anyways, it is fairly simple just a
netcat -p 2222 -l |bzip2 -d | dd of=/dev/sdb
on the receiving side, and on the sending side
bzip2 -c /dev/sda | netcat hostA 2222
(alternative syntax
nc -l 2222 | bzip2 -d > /dev/sdb bzip2 -c /dev/sda | nc 192.168.1.1 2222
netcat -p 2222 -l |bzip2 -d | dd of=/dev/sdb bs=16M
dd if=/dev/hda bs=16065b | netcat targethost-IP 1234
netcat -l -p 1234 | dd of=/dev/hdc bs=16065b
)
of course I usually create the image file and save it
what I will probably do this time is bring csc127 down to single user mode
use it as a template, and then send its image to server to save it.
Then use server to distribute the image to the machines that need to be reimaged.
again, I was fairly disappointed that I seem to need to reimage so many, but it seems
to be necessary.
I have some simple scripts to log the packages installed to a database and track differences.
It surprises me too, that there is such a large discrepancy on the machines since they all
started identical. It is unclear to me what the source of the nondeterminism is....
No comments:
Post a Comment