Upgrading to postgresql 8.2
- did a pg_dumpall to save the old data
- it did not create a new 8.2 etc config, so I copied the 8.1
- now it is complaining about not having a locale to start under
- created a new database with initdb
- it still does not run from /etc/init.d
- it seems to run from /usr/lib/postgresql/8.2/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/postgresql/8.2
- strange
- data seems moved over, (pg_restore), but unclear if it will boot on its own now
Apache
- php is giving me fits
- it seems it was not enabled
- removed a couple of AllowOverride None, since it was complaining that they
were useless, I thought they were nice for documentation though
Subversion
- with the move to the new authentication, need to update this
- some progress, but I am having trouble with the authz parts of things
I spent hours on this, finally it seems that I was missing a line
AuthBasicProvider ldap
in my config. blech, it had been working before, and after the upgrade it stopped.
those are the sorts of things that are really frustrating
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment