Sunday, August 06, 2006

server install (continued)

0:12
working on updating

0:33
update done

need to work on migrating the data back

0:46

problems with copying and preserving permissions...

6:48

rsync seems stuck on a very deep directory structure...

13:15
/home has just finished synching
check for other things to move

15:33
dial up is slow and annoying

getting a weird error in the /etc/exports file
exportfs: No host name given with /local/admin (rw,sync,wdelay,hide,nocrossmnt,secure,root_squash,no_all_squash,subtree_check,secure_locks,acl,mapping=identity,anonuid=-2,anongid=-2), suggest *(rw,sync,wdelay,hide,nocrossmnt,secure,root_squash,no_all_squash,subtree_check,secure_locks,acl,mapping=identity,anonuid=-2,anongid=-2) to avoid warning

from

/home 137.142.101.0/24(rw,sync)


theoretically the ip address version should work....

15:18
evil whitespace was the culprit, only one space is allowed between the directory and host(subnet)

16:15
ldap and nfs are up and working
I think things are back to where they started.
I'm going to send out an email and then see what happens.

Oh, I want to look up if mysql can authenticate against an ldap server...

21:29
looks like postgresql can be integrated with others and mysql can not

No comments: