Tuesday, August 22, 2006

usb sticks and imaging

Good news,
I got all of the software for Dr. Plaza installed,

Bad news,
Having problems with usb sticks, I'm hoping that I can solve it like the sound issue...

argh
I lost a post because I had an accidental poweroff

the usb problem can be fixed by chmodding pmount and pumount so they are globally executable

the imaging is going ok, but there have been some weird problems

cslab-113 had a bad boot sector/partition I recopied the boot partition and that fixed it
it was giving me a grub error 17

cslab-112 is giving me problems too, so I am going to recopy it again. The problem is that I lost gzip in the first copy, so I am going to wait until I have the desktop version and boot it live and then try copying again

The others are going ok, I have some issues with the network, but I think I have narrowed them to the /etc files iftab hosts hostname and network/interfaces

machine 17 does have a bad cd rom drive, or something, it is a pain in the butt
going to test the cdrom burner again in 11b

I started an installation of mailman, but was having problems with it and haven't had a chance to get back to it.

No comments: