13:25
I'm back, taking a look at the slapd.conf I wonder if it has to do with the password format string...
or because I'm using Pam now ...
nothing obvious
13:35
reviewing the open ldap documentation
13:44
found some info on pam,
but I'm first trying to address an error message, it is saying that it is trying to connect as null and getting denied
Aug 5 13:26:20 unix sudo: (pam_unix) authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=tty2 ruser= rhost= user=del
Aug 5 13:26:36 unix sudo: del : TTY=tty2 ; PWD=/home/del ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/tcsh
Aug 5 13:26:36 unix sudo: nss_ldap: could not connect to any LDAP server as (null) - Can't contact LDAP server
13:48
progress, I think, adding use_sasl off to /etc/ldap/ldap.conf handled the null error,
now I'm getting
Aug 5 13:51:17 unix slapd[5921]: OTP unavailable because can't read/write key database /etc/opiekeys: No such file or directory
Aug 5 13:51:17 unix ldapsearch: DIGEST-MD5 client step 2
Aug 5 13:51:21 unix ldapsearch: DIGEST-MD5 client step 2
Aug 5 13:51:51 unix sshd[5977]: Failed password for hartdr from 137.142.110.1 port 46133 ssh2
I'm not sure why it is using DIGEST-MD5, it should be using crypt, since that is what they are using upstream, first I'll look into opiekeys
13:53
installing opie keys
now I'm down to
Aug 5 13:58:48 unix sshd[6071]: Failed password for hartdr from 137.142.110.1 port 43325 ssh2
wow, I just noticed that www is on a different sublan, 110 instead of 101
14:08
reading up on pam...
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/sag-overview.html
14:25
found that it was missing libpam-ldap
this like nss was missing from most of the mirrors, I hope that is not a bad sign
still at
Aug 5 14:49:12 unix sshd[6215]: Failed password for hartdr from 137.142.110.1 port 46629 ssh2
let me see if I can discover some more info
15:00
changed the common-auth so that the unix login was not required, just sufficient
Need to change it later to prevent ldap password from being accepted for su
onto the filesystem, and then restoring the data, not that there was much, but I'll check
15:07
Moved local account to /local/home and changed my shells to tcsh
nfs is not working out of the box, might need to check the portmapper
15:16
unclear what the problem is, but I'm thinking it would just be better to worry about it after the reinstall
15:30
moving onto server for now
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment